Helpful Home Selling Hints
We have summarized a few “helpful hints” that will make the selling of your property an easier and more pleasant task.
- Attempt to have your property looking its best at all times.
- Trim the yard. Keep it neat and clean. Remove snow and ice from sidewalks and driveways.
- Keep the garage neat and clean.
- Replace all burned out light bulbs and repair all faulty light switches. Make all minor repairs, such as broken window panes, loose door knobs, leaking plumbing, etc.
- If there is a dog in the family, keep it under control. Many people are afraid of animals.
- Soft music is relaxing. Do not play loud music or noisy television programs.
- Be sure to arrange shades and draperies to allow for the maximum amount of natural light in dark rooms.
- Redecorate wherever necessary keeping neutral colors in mind. Properly done, it creates appeal and creates a finished look.
- Do not apologize for the appearance of your property. It only emphasizes fault.
- Be prepared to have your home shown at all times.
- Allow the REALTOR to show the property. The REALTOR is well-trained for the job and knows the prospect best. If the prospect asks questions, answer directly and honestly. Questions about price and terms should be referred to your REALTOR.
- The marketing and sale of your property can be an inconvenience for you. We are aware of this and will be as considerate as possible. With this in mind, we will work diligently to bring you a qualified buyer.